Monday, July 18, 2011

Monday Must have series...Melissa Blanchard

Today, in the occasion of Miami SWIM WEEK, I would like to introduce my favorite BUYER of all time... Melissa Blanchard !!! She is a gem in this business.  She really understands her work and has been our biggest supporter from the very first season.  My first trunk show was at VanJean- her boutique in Columbia, South Carolina.  She's just a sensational woman with great style inside and out.  She's supportive and sweet but also doesn't take slack from her designers.  Our relationship is one I value highly and respect Melissa very much:) She has the best wardrobe and jewelry and flies her private jet to Miami to see my shows. JEALOUS YET??  Did I mention her makeup and skincare?  FLAWLESS!!!  Vanjean has a sister store close by for that and it's called POUT.  Last year she sponsored part of my fashion show and I can never thank her enough for that...so THANK YOU Melissa and to all you bloggie friends greetings from Miami!!!
xoxo-Marysia
What this buyer takes to Miami Swim Fashion Week

1.  Citation Jet with dreamy Tom Ford look a like pilot. I have the jet but the pilot isn’t as much of a Tom Ford type as I would prefer.

2.  White, white and more white: White leather JCrew suitcase. White is so sexy in the summer and a must in the steamy Miami weather. If you are not a celebrity or model I have found another way to get respect of hotel staff in Miami is to have good luggage. Especially luggage with out wheels because that makes it clear that someone must have carried your luggage for you (the dreamy Tom Ford pilot).

3.  Persimmon 3.1 dress and White Helmut Lang dress. call 803.252.4339) to order. I usually travel with dresses because it makes packing and looking chic easy. The white dress is for a night of fashions shows and champagne by the sea. The 3.1 shift is my work uniform. It lets me look professional while meeting with the swim designers and walking to and from the convention center.

4.  Gold jewelry: Gold is the only way to go when you have a tan and are in blingy Miami. I take my Jane Pope Mar gold cuff everywhere I go and always have gold earrings by Bing Bang.


5.  White Bottega Veneta tote bag works as my airplane carry on to hold magazines and Ipad. Once in Miami it works double duty by serving as a tote in the morning to carry line sheets and a beach bag in the afternoon.

6.  Loeffler Randall flat sandals in rose gold for the daytime and Loeffler Randall zebra stiletto  call 803.252.4339) to order for night. Anya Hindmarch clutch for evening.


7.  Less is more when it comes to makeup in Miami so I use the following to show off the tan yet protect my skin: Chantecaille Ultra 50 Primer. This product is my latest obsession from POUT. It is a liquid that glides on smoothly to protect with SPF 50, even skin tone and prime for layering product on top. Light weight and sweat proof makes this a MUST in hot weather.

8.  NARS is the best when it comes to showing off a summer tan (real or faux). The NARS Blush/Bronze Trio can be used in multiple ways on the face and eyes. The NARS Illuminator is a fine liquid that can work as a highlighter for cheekbones, lip base and smoothed on tan legs for an amazing glowing effect. Nars Lip Gloss in clear is the final touch on lips and works to tame fly-a-way pieces of hair in the Miami humidity.

9.  Maybelline Great Lash Waterproof Mascara. My go to mascara in a very humid climate. It does not run. Period.


10. Finally, a MARYSIA SWIM SUIT! I like suits with more coverage and the retro suits from the 2011 collection give me the option of coverage yet remain sexy at the same time. I don’t have the figure of a Miami swimsuit model but get style cred when lounging around the Raleigh pool in a Marysia swim suit. Perfect!

3 comments:

  1. well, of course I LOVE that Melissa included JPJ in her Faves! and I will be following her cosmetic leads for sure.... her skin is always AMAZING and flawless- just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the luggage and the gold jewelry !!

    xxLily
    goldandgray.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Melissa and all of her picks here! Great post. And I have to say private jet is soooooo wonderful. It's how my dad gets around so he sends it for me if I'm traveling with him or to go visit him. Makes traveling with Lilly a breeze.

    ReplyDelete